Sunday, November 22, 2009

My Precious Quilt

My great-grandmother (my mother's father's mother) made each of her three great-grandchildren a quilt. This one is mine.

It is hand emroidered and hand-pieced. After completing three such quilts she didn't feel up to hand-quilting them. My father's mother offered to back them and quilt them for us (I think some other relatives helped). I like that our quilts are the work of both sides of our family!

Here's the back of the quilt, which shows the hand quilting (larger image):




This is the whole quilt (larger image):


A close-up view (larger image):


Another close-up (larger image):


A bit of detail:



ETA: I posted pictures of my brother's quilt here.

No comments:

~ Notes ~

Content copyright (c) 2005-2011 Christina A. Huffman /Keeping Home. Theme graphics copyright (c) 2007 Pat's Web Graphics www.patswebgraphics.com. All photographs are copyrighted. Do not take them or link directly to them without my permission.