Friday, October 09, 2009

Sewing Goals for This Week (10/4/09) UPDATED

This is a very ambitious list but it would be much longer if I wasn't trying to be realistic. lol

Links go to the patterns I'm using.

Project #1: Baby Square Yoke Dress #1
-- Get button holes to work, find the right size, practice (I've made some but they're not turning out right so I need to find out why and fix the problem).
-- Mark the buttonhole locations, find a hook and eye, sew on the hook and eye.
-- Make the buttonholes, sew on the buttons.
-- Finish remaining inside seams and trim threads

The dress is complete and ready to send to it's wearer!


Project #2: Baby knot hat #2
I've already made one of these. It's cute! This one will have a contrast band on the bottom. Here's a picture of the one I made before:


Found out I am out of white thread (the hat I'm making is white) so had to postpone this project.

Project #3: The Bohemian Skirt
All I have to do on this one is finish the waistband. I just pinned the elastic until I decided where I wanted the wasitband to rest and therefore how big it needed to be.  Should be simple enough, so why has it taken me two months (so far) to do it? Hmmmm.


Postponed for same reason as above. 

Project #4: Drop-waist gown from Beautiful Lingerie
This one I have cut out and if I fnish up the other four projects I want to get started on sewing it. At the very least I want to find all the pieces (I think I know where they are but I could be wrong . . . . Things have been known to get lost around here. . . . ) and switch the thread in my machine.

If I should happen to have more time I want to sew the straps and decide how to finish the top of the gown. I could go on and on but I really don't see myself getting even this much stuff done this week!

Since I could do the other two projects I got right into this one. The straps were VERY easy to make. I thought they would be hard because I always have trouble turning tubes but they were simple as can be. I also started finishing the top of the gown. That is to be done before the front and back bodice are stitched together.

No comments:

~ Notes ~

Content copyright (c) 2005-2011 Christina A. Huffman /Keeping Home. Theme graphics copyright (c) 2007 Pat's Web Graphics www.patswebgraphics.com. All photographs are copyrighted. Do not take them or link directly to them without my permission.