Friday, October 16, 2009

Sewing Goals for This Week (10/11/09) UPDATED

#1 Purchase white thread, if possible.

#2 Project: Baby Dress for upcoming baby shower
> Decide what size to make and trace pattern
> Select fabric, buttons, thread, and view
> Layout, mark, cut


#3 Project: Drop-waist gown from Beautiful Lingerie
> Finish the narrow hem at the top of the gown
> Stitch front and back bodice together
> Sew skirt pieces together
> Finish skirt bottom
> Possibly more?

#1 Got white thread!

#2 Decided what size dress to make and trace the pattern. Selected the fabric, checked buttons (will use white or clear, of which I have quite a few), selected the view. Decided to make two dresses instead of one . . . and a jumper (the coordinating fabrics I found in my stash just grabbed me!). Cut them all out except the skirts. I forgot to look for thread before I made my final choice of fabric but I think at least one of them will work. Most of the pieces on the two dresses and one jumper are marked.

#3 Well, I was sewing right along on this one when my sewing machine decided cause problems. The thread started breaking every few stitches. I will have to work on that next week. I did, however, finish the hem on the top of the bodice, sew the bodice together, and sew the skirt pieces together.

Not bad! *grin*

No comments:

~ Notes ~

Content copyright (c) 2005-2011 Christina A. Huffman /Keeping Home. Theme graphics copyright (c) 2007 Pat's Web Graphics www.patswebgraphics.com. All photographs are copyrighted. Do not take them or link directly to them without my permission.