Friday, October 09, 2009

Housekeeping Goals for This Week (10/4/09) UPDATED

I have just two goals this week. It's not that I only intend to do two things in the housekeeping department (wouldn't that be a disaster, even if I am just second in command!), but rather that I only intend to require myself to do two things that are new or improved.

Improvements in housekeeping have always been a special challenge for me, and since I'm going to be very busy this week with other things, I don't want to get in over my head (in other words, set myself up for failure!).

So here they are:
#1: I recently bought two large plastic storage containers for $4.00 each. They were very helpful but filled up quickly. DearMother told me that these were available for that price at a certain store that is supposed to have good deals so I thought I might just go there sometime and get some containers of several different sizes for some of my stuff that has no home. So, I'd like to find out if we're going there any time soon and if it's this week I want to buy some containers.

Did this--except we didn't go. 

#2: Last week DearMother cleaned my bathroom because I wasn't available to do it (bless her heart!). Later, she asked me if I was saving those two empty soap jugs. Um, no, my trash can was full (or at least that's why I didn't throw the most recent one away--I don't remember about the first one)! Well, I have since emptied my trash but if I put the jugs in it my trash can would be full again. So a better plan would be to just take them out to the big trash can (which I think was also full at the time). If they won't fit, I'll scream. No, really. I'll make them fit.

Did this. I saved one of them because I discovered a reason to. The big trash can was nearly empty. I was thrilled.

Now, if I accomplish that, I might even try three little goals next week.

No comments:

~ Notes ~

Content copyright (c) 2005-2011 Christina A. Huffman /Keeping Home. Theme graphics copyright (c) 2007 Pat's Web Graphics www.patswebgraphics.com. All photographs are copyrighted. Do not take them or link directly to them without my permission.