Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sewing Goals for This Week (10/18/09) UPDATED

Get everything done!

Wait ~ that isn't a realistic goal!

#1 Get sewing machine working again. It may be a tension problem. I was making buttonholes the other day with the upper tension set on zero and it was still too tight. I'm going to trying putting it down on zero again for regular sewing and see if I can sew without breaking the thread.

The machine is working adequately (although I still think it has issues).

#2 Assuming I or my DearRepairmen get it figured out, I simply must sew the second baby hat. Done!

#3 I also must finish The Bohemian Skirt. I've been wearing it  (all I have left is stitching the elastic and closing up the hole) and I want to wash it. Hmmmmm.

#4 Lavender baby dress. This is the most urgent since I don't know when the baby shower will be. I'd also like to get the other dress ("green baby dress") and jumper finished but that isn't strictly necessary.

I'm aiming for this week:
> Prepare skirt fabric for cutting or tearing; tear or cut skirt pieces. I still have to cut one piece of fabric in half to prepare the two skirt pieces but otherwise they are ready. Also got to this point with the green baby dress.


> Sew gathering stitches on skirt pieces and set aside for gathering during computer "wait time". Nope.
> Stitch bodice ~ a much as I possibly can. I'm ready to attatch the skirt (when it's ready)!

I really need to get more of it done but that doesn't seem possible. I also have the sleeves started.

No comments:

~ Notes ~

Content copyright (c) 2005-2011 Christina A. Huffman /Keeping Home. Theme graphics copyright (c) 2007 Pat's Web Graphics www.patswebgraphics.com. All photographs are copyrighted. Do not take them or link directly to them without my permission.