Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Woman I Need to Be for God

In my second post, in the explanation of the hope chest category of "Womanhood," I mentioned that, among other things, we need to focus on being the woman we need to be for God. Sometime after I wrote that, it occurred to me that I had never done that. *blush*

Now, of course, I had sought the will and ways of God, and sought His will for my life, and tried to do His will (not without success). Of course I had tried to be a good, virtuous woman, and had been daily learning and growing . . . . Of course I had asked Him what He wanted me to do and how to do it, and, well, all sorts of things. But, in complete ignorance of this unfortunate situation, I had never actually sat down in solitude, and contemplated and enquired of Him just who and what I needed to be, as a woman, for Him. How, um, embarrassing. Like, um, I might have greater success at being the woman He wants me to be if I actually asked Him what that was? Ya think?

I began shortly thereafter to rectify the situation and--call me optimistic, but-- I fully expect my success rate to increase in the near future. ;-)

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Very good point...I have been thinking about that too and in my life the area of time mamangement comes to the forefront. I can do many things but I tend to get over busy and then organization falls by the wayside and I get disorganized and then feel frusterated. I am thinking of taking a weekend, going to a hotel with my Bible and journal and seeing what can be done about this. Haven't set anything for sure yet but its a plan I am considering.

hopeful said...

Oh, yes! Time management. That came up for me to. I tend to waste time. I also hyper-focus and my use of time is thus disorganized. And prioritizing is another issue.

I need to get back to thinking/praying about this, because I'm sure it's important.

Organization is very important. Sometimes it seems like a waste of time to take time that could be used to DO something, to plan your time and organize things, but it pays off in the long run. Some "retreat" time with your Bible and journal might help you get to the bottom of your problem. Feel free to report. ;-)

Crystal said...

I'll be sure and keep you posted if it happens! Today I called in sick to work, actually have been feeling "off" for a few days and I am trying to get a few things taken care of...that is when I am not on the computer!

I am often the one people call on at work to help them organize their offices because I am quite good at it so I am attacking my room as if the stuff isn't mine and we'll see how it goes!

hopeful said...

Attacking your room as if the stuff isn't yours? LOL That's a good idea! Maybe I should try that.

I have heard that a lot of people who are organized at work are disorganized at home. I'm not quite sure why that is though!

~ Notes ~

Content copyright (c) 2005-2011 Christina A. Huffman /Keeping Home. Theme graphics copyright (c) 2007 Pat's Web Graphics www.patswebgraphics.com. All photographs are copyrighted. Do not take them or link directly to them without my permission.