Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Who can find a virtuous woman?
for her price is far above rubies.
Proverbs 31:10

~ Are they that rare? (Oh, excuse me! Are we that rare?)

~ Do men (specifically single men) ever ask that question?

~ What does it mean to be "a virtuous woman"?

~ Was the passage about the Virtuous Woman in Proverbs written by a man or a woman?

~ Who was its intended audience?

~ Is being like the Proverbs 31 woman an unattainable goal?

~ I've run out of questions, myself. Do you have any? :-)

2 comments:

Crystal said...

first of all I don't think it's an unatainable goal.
Do men ever wonder about virtuous woman? I would venture to say that it really depends on the man. I know there are many that do and sadly there are many that do and then don't see them so they settle for less.
What exactly is a virtuous woman? This is really the question of the hour and if I had to give a short answer it would run something like this: She is a woman who is seeking to honor God in all she does. She follows the instruction in Phil. 4:8 and loves those around her with a love that is seasoned with grace and kindness. She is strong yet not rebellious and stubborn.
Yes woman of this sort are rare...quite sure I don't fit my own definition all the time.

hopeful said...

I don't think it's an unnatainable goal either, but I know sometimes women dislike the Proverbs 31 woman because they just can't measure up. However, I don't think we're any less "virtuous women" just because we have "not yet attained." We're working on it! And we certainly aren't the OPPOSITE of virtuous women, now are we?

I like what you said about her being strong yet not stubborn and rebellious. I wish more women would dicern the difference between the two!

~ Notes ~

Content copyright (c) 2005-2011 Christina A. Huffman /Keeping Home. Theme graphics copyright (c) 2007 Pat's Web Graphics www.patswebgraphics.com. All photographs are copyrighted. Do not take them or link directly to them without my permission.