Tuesday, April 06, 2010

April 2010 Scripture of the Month

Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. 

~ Philippians 4:4

This month. . . 


Let us rejoice in the LORD Himself.

And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. ~ Deuteronomy 6:5

Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: but let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD. ~ Jeremiah 9:23-24

Let us rejoice in His comfort, His peace, and His guidance through the difficulties of this life.

. . . for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. ~ Hebrews 13:5

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. ~ Psalms 28:7

Let us rejoice in His salvation.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. ~ John 3:16

Let us rejoice in His promises of good things to come and to "wipe away all tears" from our eyes.

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. ~ 1 Corinthians 2:9

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. ~ Revelation 21:4

Let us rejoice in the good things God gives us along the way. 

Although we cannot have every blessing we might wish for and although trials must come, I believe that God delights in making things as nice for us as He possibly can under the circumstances. The circumstances of this life are pretty rotten overall, but that's no reason to ignore all the wonderful blessings God manages to give us. Let's rejoice in His gifts and in the One Who gave them. 

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights . . . ~James 1:17

And thou shalt rejoice in every good thing which the LORD thy God hath given unto thee, and unto thine house. . . ~ Deuteronomy 26:11


No comments:

~ Notes ~

Content copyright (c) 2005-2011 Christina A. Huffman /Keeping Home. Theme graphics copyright (c) 2007 Pat's Web Graphics www.patswebgraphics.com. All photographs are copyrighted. Do not take them or link directly to them without my permission.