Monday, February 01, 2010

My First Regency Gown: Week Four

The late installment . . .  .

This week I worked on my first bodice muslin. The purposes of this muslin were to see where the bottom of the bodice fell on me and to see where the neckline would be.

First picture: trying to put together the back and side back pieces. I had trouble easing, as you can see.


These are the two pieces.
 

I'm not sure how the ends are supposed to fit together on the upper side of both pieces. Normally a pattern would have dots to match on corners like this. This pattern doesn't, and I think it should.

It's close, here, but not perfect. It could be a cutting or tracing error. I'll check those. I still have at least one more muslin to make, so I didn't try to fix this.

Here's the problem end. I don't think it's supposed to look like that.


You can see here how the pieces don't quite line up.

But, hey, it was close enough for this fitting!

Taking pictures of oneself in the mirror is more challenging than it looks. :-)


 


Conclusion? It's definitely too low and wide for my liking so I'll be trying the high neckline supplement next. The bodice is also too short. It doesn't completely cover me, even though my cup size is barely A! I am very tall, though, so that is probably why. Since I want a lower, more modern Empire waistline, I may need to lengthen the bodice as much as three inches. 

No comments:

~ Notes ~

Content copyright (c) 2005-2011 Christina A. Huffman /Keeping Home. Theme graphics copyright (c) 2007 Pat's Web Graphics www.patswebgraphics.com. All photographs are copyrighted. Do not take them or link directly to them without my permission.