Thursday, January 13, 2011

Clothing the Family ~ Inspiration and Learning for Women/About Women's Clothing

Good places for just viewing styles of clothing for women (good for helping you figure out what you like and don't like, will wear and won't wear).  These are sites I have found helpful in my study. 
This post/re-post is a resource list designed to aid in the education of women in homemaking and womanhood lines, particularly in keeping with the purpose of The Hope Chest. You can always find all of my resource lists in the sidebar.
I don't necessarily endorse these sites in their entirety. In fact, some of them I may not endorse at all! They are here because I believe they are useful for educational purposes.
April Cornell Online ~ designer and retailer
As Lilies Sewing ~ custom sewing of modest, feminine attire
DownEast Basics Clothing Catalog ~ retailer
Feelin' Feminine ~ ministry  New! 
Hannah Lise ~ modest clothing company
Kathy's Modest, Sewing Patterns ~ sewing pattern company and retailer
Kwik Sew pattern company ~ commercial sewing pattern company
Lands' End ~ company and retailer
Lilies of the Field ~ custom sewing of modest, feminine attire
Loes Hinse Design ~ independent sewing pattern company
Martin McCrea ~ made to order Victorian/Western dresses.
Sense and Sensibility pattern pages, examples, and vintage images library. Designer of historical/history-inspired sewing patterns.
Silhouette Patterns ~ independent sewing pattern company.
Tall Women's Clothes ~ retailer
Textile Studio Patterns ~ independent sewing pattern company.

And specifically for plus-size women (since I haven't needed this personally I don't have as many links but I will look/try to remember what I've seen):
Petite Plus Patterns

No comments:

~ Notes ~

Content copyright (c) 2005-2011 Christina A. Huffman /Keeping Home. Theme graphics copyright (c) 2007 Pat's Web Graphics www.patswebgraphics.com. All photographs are copyrighted. Do not take them or link directly to them without my permission.