Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Attitude

Me? Have a bad attitude? Surely not!

I'm afraid I do sometimes have a bad attitude. I wonder what the cause is? I mean, not the ultimate root cause--I know what the ultimate source of all evil was; I know that "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9).

But why do I personally sometimes have a bad attitude? Where does it come from? I think sometimes it is simply habit. I don't check my criticism, my negativism, my cynicism, my pessimism, my lack of faith, my self-defeating thoughts. They become so much a part of me that I do them without thinking and hardly even notice how distorted they are!

How unbecoming! Now if I could just do the same thing with compliments and kind words, positive thoughts, cheerfulness, optimism, faith, etc., wouldn't I be in good shape?

2 comments:

Kristi said...

You're so right about bad attitudes being a habit, its a habit which is very hard to get rid of. It takes much work to keep your attitude in check, but it is most worth it not only to yourself, but to those who have to live with you!

BTW I'm curious, do you have any siblings?

hopeful said...

Realizing you have that habit helps a lot! That way you can at least start catching those negative thoughts before they are fully thought--at least before they are spoken. :-) I actually think I have been doing much better lately.

I have two siblings, both older. One brother and one sister. Brother lives at home too; sister is married.

~ Notes ~

Content copyright (c) 2005-2011 Christina A. Huffman /Keeping Home. Theme graphics copyright (c) 2007 Pat's Web Graphics www.patswebgraphics.com. All photographs are copyrighted. Do not take them or link directly to them without my permission.