Thursday, May 04, 2006

Something to Think About

I wrote this a while back and thought I'd just post it, since I really need to be doing things other than writing this evening!

Have you met the Proverbs 31 woman? Are you her? Are you becoming her?


If you were married, could the heart of your husband safely trust in you? (Proverbs 31:11)


Would you do your husband good, and not evil, all the days of your life? (Proverbs 31:12)


Do you work willingly with your hands? (Proverbs 31:13).


Do you provide your household with good food (or assist your mother in doing so) and would you if you were married? (Proverbs 31:15)


Do you stretch out your hands to the poor and needy? (Proverbs 31:20)


Are you well-clothed and would your family be if you had one? (Proverbs 31:21, 22)


Do you open your mouth with wisdom? (Proverbs 31:26)


Is your tongue governed by the law of kindness? (Proverbs 31:26)


Do you look well to the ways of your household? Or do you "“eateth the bread of idleness"”? (Proverbs 31:27)


If you had children, do you think they would rise up and call you blessed? Would they have reason to? Would your husband praise you? Are you praiseworthy? (Proverbs 31:28)

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Humm...wouldn't we all like to think we open our mouth with wisdom??? Must say I don't think that one always happens for me but hopefully I will continue to grow in this area.

hopeful said...

Yes, I think we would all like to think that! :-)

It happens more for me in writing than in speaking so I think there is hope for improvement. It doesn't always happen in writing though! I really need to work on this one (and having the law of kindness in my tongue!).

~ Notes ~

Content copyright (c) 2005-2011 Christina A. Huffman /Keeping Home. Theme graphics copyright (c) 2007 Pat's Web Graphics www.patswebgraphics.com. All photographs are copyrighted. Do not take them or link directly to them without my permission.