Monday, October 27, 2008

A Challenge from the Hope Chest

In keeping with the theme and purpose of this blog, I would like to issue a challenge each week to the girls and women who read it. So, without further preliminaries . . .

This week's challenge is to sew something. Anything, as long as it is either for your hope chest (if you have a literal one), learning new skills, practicing skills, or otherwise getting yourself moving in this area.

It can be a big project, a little project, or several little projects. You don't necessarily have to complete an entire sewing project but try to complete something (hem your skirt, do the collar on a blouse, etc.).

It can be a mending project, as long as it involves sewing (i.e., no darning).

It doesn't necessarily have to involve stitching as long as what you are doing is not a means of avoiding actually stitching. It might be preparing fabric, laying out, cutting out, etc.

Although this challenge is intended for the unmarried woman or girl, others may join in too.

If you don't know how to sew at all, do something toward beginning to sew.

Leave a comment about what you have accomplished, or, if you want to blog about your project (I'd love to see pictures!), leave a link to your blog post (non "family-friendly" links will be deleted).

If you know anyone who might appreciate these challenges, please point them this way!

1 comment:

hopeful said...

I did do my own challenge! I just kept forgetting to come tell what I did. I can't do it right now so I do hope I don't forget AGAIN. I actually did two things and I'm very proud of myself (in a good way).

~ Notes ~

Content copyright (c) 2005-2011 Christina A. Huffman /Keeping Home. Theme graphics copyright (c) 2007 Pat's Web Graphics www.patswebgraphics.com. All photographs are copyrighted. Do not take them or link directly to them without my permission.